Monday, February 16, 2009

Wedding Update

We now have both a location and a date!!! We're not telling everyone where we're going to have the wedding yet .... it will be something of a surprise when we send out the "Save The Dates". But, the date will be November 8, 2009. (It's a Sunday = much cheaper!)

Also, I bought my dress!! No chance of getting me to post pictures of it here, but I love it! My Mom and I went out one day just to start looking around and we found it right away. It's exactly what I had in mind. I'm sooooooo relieved to have that detail taken care of. I hate shopping so I was actually dreading looking for a dress. (Who dreads shopping for their wedding dress?? I know, I'm weird.) I was hesitant to buy it without looking around more, but after talking to my Mom I realized that there really wasn't any reason to continue looking. We got it at David's Bridal. I know that some people think it's an evil place, but I had a better experience than I ever could have dreamed of. In fact, the lady who helped us convinced her manager to order me a BRAND NEW dress instead of taking the one off of the rack. She's awesome!!!

We don't really have any other wedding details worked out yet. We're meeting with the site coordinator on 2/26 where we'll start looking through pictures of other weddings and get some ideas. My Mom and I have been looking all over the internet and magazines to find ideas as well. We still have over 8 months until the big day so there's plenty of time to nail things down.

0 comments: