Monday, February 16, 2009

Being sick is not fun.


I got sick a few weeks ago and ended up miserable and in bed for 4 days. It started out with me just feeling more tired than usual and had no energy. After 2 days of that, I woke up with a raging sore throat. When I looked back there in a mirror I could see that it was red and inflamed with white sores. Gross huh? It was not fun. Then, I woke up the next day feeling 100% totally awful. I was completely congested, including the horrible sinus pressure and headache that goes along with it. I had hoped that my regular allergy meds would kick in and help, but I didn't feel like they did much. I spent the next 4 days in bed. It went to the doctor the second day. His very information diagnosis was that I was "very sick". I started antibiotics but I'm not sure if they helped.

John did a pretty good job taking care of me. I'm sure he got tired of hearing my blow my nose, cough, moan about feeling awful, etc. Luckily he never caught what I had. He's got an immune system of steel!

0 comments: